Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport (Read 2565 times)
Greg Cottrell
YaBB Newbies

1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
04/02/16 at 17:22:13

RUBY - A Great Project for the Spring/Summer Rally-X Season

EJ222  2.2L engine (the bulletproof one), 5 spd manual, AWD, GF chassis
415,000 km
All fluids and filters recently changed
Needs left rear strut mount (Lost it in the car's debut rally-x at Cayuga in January.)
Rear seat and 80% of the interior panels have been removed, making this a great rally-x, rally car, or ice racing project.
Front seats, dash, headliner, and door panels are still in place.
If you want to restore the interior parts, I have them stored.
$750.00 gets you started in rallycross.
Sold as is. I'm selling it because I've started on another rally car project.

The car is very driveable - The engine runs great, and the trans and diffs are smooth. No clutch slippage but there is pedal travel on the clutch. All power accessories, lights, horn, and turn signals function and even the AC works!

If you want to skip the cone-squishing route and certify the car, a safety will require some welding to reinforce the rear strut towers and bottom sills, a new strut mount, two rubber bushings between the rear subframe and the floorpan, and possibly rear brakes.

The car was owned by my daughter for the past 8 years or so and was oiled/undercoated for most of that time. (She named it "Ruby".) I can email pics of Ruby if you need them. Heater, front and rear wipers, and rear defroster work. The floorpan is solid and the body and paint is in great shape. Like most Imprezas, it comes with a bit of rust at the body seam behind the rear wheel wells (but no holes).

It would be great if "Ruby" can live on as someone's project. Thanks for looking. Email or call Greg:

cottrell.communications@sympatico.ca
519-485-0969

IP Logged
MarkoPolo
YaBB Newbies

Re: 1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Reply #1 - 06/16/16 at 08:45:47

EJ22 was the most reliable of the EJ family motors available as OEM equipment on the NA market.  
It is possible to kill them, I have just done it.  This is despite meticulous maintenance and only using high end parts.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print