Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tall Pines...not what it used to be. (Read 16722 times)
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Re: Tall Pines...not what it used to be.
Reply #15 - 12/06/12 at 11:05:49

dtompsett wrote on 11/29/12 at 20:18:19:
Every year I have attended Pines (except the years I was a competitor or service crew)... I have worked the event.  

I have had vantage points you will never get to see as a spectator.  I would always recommend people volunteer to work the event.

Of course, I haven't been to the event since they stopped running Castledine's Corner.  But having driven all the way back from that stage as a competitor, in a car that wasn't sure it wanted to run... it was a very long drive!  And as a worker... it was a very late night by the time you got in from that stage.  

Best experience was running car 000... that was awesome.  Talk about up close!

I didn't see you this year, Doug -- glad to hear you made it to the Pines, though!

I can't say this enough . . . being a worker gets you access to all the action you want. Sign up next year to work a stage and see for yourself.  I highly recommend it!

And yes, driving Car 000 is indeed awesome!  Smiley

Jeannie

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Reply #16 - 12/06/12 at 21:31:17

Jeannie VE3JNE wrote on 12/06/12 at 11:05:49:
I didn't see you this year, Doug -- glad to hear you made it to the Pines, though!
Jeannie

Sorry Jeannie... you mis-read.  I didn't make it this year.  Sad

IP Logged
OldRallyGuy
YaBB Newbies

Reply #17 - 10/18/13 at 19:13:30

After reading all the posts and replies; I have to agree, that it isn't what it used to be. I was involved in the first Tall Pines rally as a member of MLRC and we didn't have spectator areas or media coverage. A few people who knew parts of the route because the same roads were used on the Winter Rally, would show up on some dark corner and patiently wait for 50 cars to pass. The current version of the Tall PInes is much larger and more impressive than we ever imagined when we started out. Maybe someday, I'll come back and spectate and see how our baby has grown up and moved on to greater things.

IP Logged
GregFlinch
YaBB Newbies

Reply #18 - 11/02/13 at 12:21:28

Hello from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.  I am planing to come up to TPR, but I am a little confused, since I am used to the way Rally America events are run here, am I understanding that there is only 1 spectator point?  I have lots of other questions, but I'll start here.

Greg

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #19 - 11/02/13 at 16:03:07

Greg, there are two main areas: http://tallpinesrally.com/spectate/spectator_points

The iron bridge location is actually quite large and you can go to a few different spots to see different things throughout the day. The two locations don't run simultaneous, and you can move from one to the other in plenty of time.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print