Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tall Pines Worker Thanks Nov 26 11 (Read 8298 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Tall Pines Worker Thanks Nov 26 11
11/27/11 at 21:58:10

Thanks for your assistance in making the record-breaking 2011 Rally of the Tall Pines a great success. Reord number of entries; record number of workers and first live telecast of a North American rally event, which by the way you can see on Flatovercrest -  www.flatovercrest.com   With 59 entries it was amazing that we never fell seriously behind schedule.  

On Thursday and Friday over 90 of you helped with event preparation, competitor recce and Shakedown. Saturday saw 232!  Thanks especially to the dozen who helped clean up today in the rain. Special thanks also to Ian Wright who took over the role of event Coordinator.

With the unseasonably warm weather, the roads were soft and became deeply rutted in places, making for an extreme challenge to cars and competitors. In fact I have just arranged to have a local logging company begin grading all the roads early tomorrow morning.

In an effort to provide more real-time scoring on the internet, we tried an experiment in calling in all start/finish times from the stages car by car. While we were successful in the scoring effort, it imposed a challenge to the regular operational communications. We will be looking at alternatives to that for next year.

There were a number of epic battles amongst the competitors. With L’Estage/Richard, Richard/Ockwell, Crazy Leo/Brady and Higgins/Drew all determined to grab 1st Overall, it was a great contest in the early stages until mechanical issues took out two of those teams and flat tires impacted as well. In the end Leo Urlichich/Martin Brady edged out Higgins/Drew for their first-ever National win. An equally intense battle saw Nick & Kelly Mathew win the OPRC portion, thus clinching the OPRC championship. Antoine and Nathlaie had already locked up the CRC championship at the Pacific Forest Rally in October. You can check out the full Results at  
http://www.rallyscoring.com/results/2011/TallPines/index.htm

Your comments and constructive criticism of ways to improve the event are always welcome. I am particularly interested in hearing from those of you who worked directly with the new electronic timing clocks – whether you worked Starts or Finishes and any comments about your experience.

See you on November 23-24, 2012. Please mark it on your calendar now.

Thanks again.

Ross Wood, Clerk of the Course

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Tall Pines Worker Thanks Nov 26 11
Reply #1 - 11/27/11 at 22:01:24

Thanks from the 2Brits Racing Team -

Hi Ross,

I was just hoping you would be able to pass on a HUGE thank you to all the workers at the Tall Pines this weekend from 2BritsRacing (car 11). We try to thank the time control workers along the way but we understand these people are only half of those involved.
The rally was very well run and everyone we came in contact with was very helpful, knowledgable and friendly.
It was a long grueling rally and we very much appreciated all the time and effort that everyone put into making it run as smoothly as it did.
It would be great if there is any way you can pass on our thanks to the many volunteers involved. Without them we would not be able to compete.
Although it was an extremely tough rally we managed to hang in there for the OPRC win, so thoroughly enjoyed our weekend.
Thanks again,
Regards,
Kelly & Nick Mathew
2BritsRacing

IP Logged
nnarini
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 11/28/11 at 13:24:34

I would like to put in my thanks as well to everyone involved in making this another successful TP rally.

I was fortunate to have a chance to chat with some volunteers working the ATC's and was happy to see they were having fun.

Also, a very well deserved congratulations to Nick and Kelly. They really worked hard this year through some tough rallies to come out on top of the OPRC.
I'm already looking forward to next year for another great rally and another nail biting finish to the championship.

Nick

IP Logged
BryceB
YaBB Moderator

Reply #3 - 11/28/11 at 13:32:09

Thanks from RallySputnik (car 43 - the Lada) as well - everyone was very helpful and the event ran beautifully even with the large number of entries. Much appreciated!

www.RallySputnik.com

1991 Lada Samara

www.RallySputnik.com
  IP Logged
2000 Impreza

Reply #4 - 11/28/11 at 18:20:41

Huge thanks from car 59 as well.  It was my first rally and everyone was very friendly and helped make it a ton of fun!

IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 11/28/11 at 19:07:29

Huge thanks to all involved in making this another great Tall Pines!

WWW   IP Logged
jeffyS
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 11/28/11 at 19:21:17

Copy what Alan said;
Thank you all very much.

IP Logged
Alexei S

I hate trees

Reply #7 - 11/29/11 at 10:52:00

Thanks to you all from car 51. The event ran really well, and it was nice to see you all making it work!

IP Logged
RedRocket
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - 11/29/11 at 14:48:07

and I would like to add that we 4 ATC workers at B3 were a little bit blown away by the thank yous given out by Kelly and Nick just before they headed out on B3. What class!

IP Logged
Simon Dube
YaBB Newbies

Reply #9 - 11/30/11 at 19:54:41

Thanks to all workers and organizers for a realy great Tall Pines 2011. It was fun to saw beautiful smiling people at the begining and the end of each stages. What a difficult rally is Tall Pines, we have to be focus at the start.....to the end ! One word for organisation: PERFECT !

Our Tall Pines was perfect till the last stage where we struggled a little bit with an electrical problem.... So what a battle we had with Knox ! See you maybe next year for a revenge !

Simon Dubé

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print