Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RSO Rally-X Series Cancelled - Why no interest? (Read 14302 times)
suprfly
YaBB Newbies

3 cylinders?No way.

Ont.
Re: RSO Rally-X Series Cancelled - Why no interest
Reply #15 - 08/31/3 at 15:17:13

I wanted to run the series,but it was just too far,and by the time you added up the cost for accomodations,meals,etc.,it started to get a little pricey.I know of a place,between Hamilton,and Kitchener that would likely welcome an event like this.Perhaps you could consider something like that to help reduce travel time,and other costs.Any interest?

IP Logged
luv2drift
YaBB Newbies

ON
Reply #16 - 09/02/3 at 11:08:34

Possibly...  I had the same reasons for not participating this year.  Being on a tight budget (mortgage, family, etc.) all expenses incurred during any 'extra curricular activities' must be kept to a minimum!  Hmmm... maybe I can start saving a little now for future repairs due to these 'activities'.
I'm sure 'this location' is more accessible to a broader area of enthusiasts and would generate much more interest for next season.

keepin' the shiny side up!
  IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Reply #17 - 09/02/3 at 11:51:46

I'm sure a location in the Hamilton or Kitchener area would attract a lot more interest than Bancroft.  It might be worthwhile talking to someone at KWRC (http://www.kwrc.on.ca) since they are the closest rally club.

You may also want to contact Peter Gulliver about your possible RallyX location.  He was the organizer of the RSO series and would be interested in hearing from you.  Try emailing him at gullvier@nexicom.net - he may take a while to respond, though, because he is involved with the upcoming Targa Newfoundland rally.

WWW   IP Logged
suprfly
YaBB Newbies

3 cylinders?No way.

Ont.
Reply #18 - 10/21/3 at 08:14:42

Just an update.
I found a venue that was willing to put on a rallycross,and seemed suitable,but was rejected by RSO because of a bad experience there about 7yrs ago.I have emailed Peter about a week ago with the name of another place which should be more suitable,but I haven't recieved a response yet.So far,Peter has been very helpful.Although I could be wrong,I get the impression that there is little,or no interest from RSO in putting on an event like this.I'm waiting for a response.

« Last Edit: 10/21/3 at 17:08:31 by suprfly »  
  IP Logged
dubrally
YaBB Newbies

Reply #19 - 10/26/3 at 15:37:29

RSO to the best of my knowlege doesn't "put on events". Having said that the series was called the RSO rally cross series so I may be wrong. It may have been in title alone due tot he fact that club representatives actually ran the events.

Individuals within clubs take the lead on creating and organising grassroots motorsport activities such as rally cross and sprints.

Are you a member of a sanctioned club? If so step up to the plate and organise the event or propose a series and get other clubs involved. RSO has a set of rules you can use and there are a bunch of people out there with experience that could help you along with the nitty gritties of organising. The point is if you want the events to happen don't wait for someone else to do the work cuz everyone's a volunteer and there's only so much volunteer time one has to offer.

As for a venue in the Hamilton area or Kitchener area I'd be out just too far, the nice thing about Bancroft is that it was rather central to all participating clubs.

Anyway good luck and I hope you get an event off the ground.

Warren

Warren
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print