Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Silverstone Blk Bear low entry - Thoughts anyone? (Read 4166 times)
DaveP

Silverstone Blk Bear low entry - Thoughts anyone?
06/23/3 at 20:40:51

Well I don't think that I am "telling any tales out of school" by admitting that we, at MLRC, were surprised by the lower than anticipated entry to the SBBR.

Now we want to know why. Thoughts anyone?

Dave

IP Logged
PAddy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Silverstone Blk Bear low entry - Thoughts anyo
Reply #1 - 06/23/3 at 21:11:58

I dunno, seemed to kind of sneek up this year.  Didn't hear a whole lot about it beforehand personally.

But I was still surprised.  With the Clubrally suspension in the US, Zimmer was talking about lots of SCCA guys making the trip up, but nobody materialized.

By the way, what was the cause of Sprongl's withdrawl?   ???

IP Logged
DaveP

Reply #2 - 06/23/3 at 21:33:59

Dan was driving John Kemp's Audi as a test exercize in preparation for the upcoming Maine Forest Rally. The car was fitted and tuned with a U.S. spec intake restricter which doesn't comply with CDN rules. It was agreed that Dan could compete in the event, but not score any points.

Dave

IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Reply #3 - 06/24/3 at 00:05:29

looking at last years results, we are missing (from ontario)  Demetrios Andreou, Charles Cooper, Andrew Comrie-Picard, Roger Sanderson, Ivan Malo, Robinson Kelly, Simon Smith, James Stulen, Darryl Malone, Jean-Sébastien Busque, and Harry Anderson.  Right there is 11 teams from ontario who were not at the 2003 event.  Reasons?  ACP, PFR the week before and BDC soon after?  Most others either have had their car up for sale or I presume have no money right now.  Why they are selling, I don't know, but it may be helpful for us to try and find out.  As for the lack of americans there, I am puzzled, Dont really know why...Hopefully this will just be a blip in the radar though.

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
Richard H

Reply #4 - 06/24/3 at 17:13:02

I think we have a lot to learn about promoting our rallies to US competitors. We really have to start shoving our rallies in their face if we want them to come up here.

I would suggest a lot more advertising on US based message forums and mailing lists. Perhaps contact local clubs or place ads in their newletters. It usually just comes down to a lack of awareness. The more they hear about an event the more likely someone is to want to be involved in the event.

IP Logged
C. Hamm

Will rally for free.

Reply #5 - 07/03/3 at 11:06:13

Daryll Malone isn't running a car this year, maybe next year.  Warren Haywood's wife gave birth the weekend of SBBR, otherwise he would have been there.  He was prepping a lot before that weekend.  We were sad to see him cancel out, and happy that we was having his first child.
Craig

VA3KRT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print