Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need Advice (Read 3770 times)
Ryan

Need Advice
01/02/3 at 16:12:36

I'm from Bancroft and have been attending the tall pines for about 6 years.  I started my own used car lot and now want to build and race a car.  I have 2 cars that I could use as a foundation including a 1990 Subaru Justy 4wd, 5spd, and a 1990 Eagle talon ESI, FWD.  Im looking for some guidance to which car I should go with and what type of work do I have to do to them to make them legal and race ready.  I only want to race in Ontario and maybe Quebec.  I don't want to spend a load of money either and would prefer to stay in the production class. p1-p4.  I know theres not very many p1 drivers out there but would a p4, fwd talon be competitive? If so, what kind of engine mods can I do and what can't I do?  Thanks for all the help!  See you Next Novemeber at tall pines!

IP Logged
suprfly
YaBB Newbies

3 cylinders?No way.

Ont.
Re: Need Advice
Reply #1 - 01/02/3 at 21:23:57

Try reading the post"new to rally".That will point you to the rules.Good luck. Smiley

IP Logged
PAddy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 01/03/3 at 01:03:11

The Talon will be miserable, the Jutsy rather limited.  But it would be a decent enough learner car.  I'd peruse the classifieds, and try to find something more in the middle, possibly a good production/grp 2 car myself.

IP Logged
Robin

Reply #3 - 01/03/3 at 08:08:07

Hey Ryan,

I'm originally from Bancroft too.  I run a P3 NX2000 out of Lakefield.

Darryl Malone has a P4 AWD Talon F.S. north of you (near B's Bay).

If you have any questions, feel free to email me:

rally@everestgeodetics.com

Robin

IP Logged
Alain

Reply #4 - 01/06/3 at 17:05:49

if you want to have funn whit out spending to much $and lurne..GO FOR THE JUSTY!!!!  Grin

thats what i have...you probably saw us this year at TP..the red one...

Justy's are not fast..but..can achive good result any way...and they are not to expensiv take care off...exemple 13" tires...are the cheapest  Wink  you dont need or you cant get after market race parts...becose they dosent exist...so..you can put you money some place else  Smiley  plus parts are not expensive...

the only thing after market on our justy is the front shock...we stifen the rear one whit some rubber blocks...fill all the bushing whit winshield uretane...place a serious skid plate  Wink (you need it...coz the low HP of the car dosent alow you to slow down...so..you plow rigth true..LOL)

check out our wen site  http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

the Justy is a VERY fun car to race...its easy to lurn on it...very predictable...also very tough...

the Talon would be fun for the HP...but...expensiv to fix..and probably not as easy to controle as the justy...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print