Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Black Bear Needs More Volunteers (Read 2176 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Black Bear Needs More Volunteers
08/02/16 at 04:28:46

Maple Leaf Rally Club is proud to present the 2016 Black Bear Rally on Sunday August 7th. The event is less than a week away and we still need about 10 more volunteers to allow everything to run safely and smoothly throughout the rally weekend! This year the Rally HQ will be Tudor Cashel Community Centre in Gilmour  on Weslemkoon Lake Rd about 1 km East of Hwy 62  N 44 49.160  w 077 36.88.

We have most positions covered, but are still short of Timing Control Marshals and HAM radio operators for Sunday, August 7th, rally day.

Rally Day - Sunday August 7th:
We will need the most help on this day!
The worker meeting will be at 8:15 AM SHARP at Rally HQ. This meeting is required to assign all of the workers tasks and allow time to set everything up before the competitors enter the stages.
We need:
-Amateur radio operators
-Start and finish timing control marshals
-Traffic control marshals

RALLY HQ is at Tudor Cashel Community Centre in Gilmour on Weslemkoon Lake Rd about 1 km East of Hwy 62  N 44 49.160  w 077 36.88.

We welcome everybody that is new to rally to learn about the sport and there is no better way to get close to the action than to volunteer!

This rally has been very lucky in attracting dedicated volunteers, without whom the Black Bear Rally could never have been a success year after year.
We couldn't do it without you!

If you know anyone who has never volunteered at a rally and is curious to know more, please feel free to pass along this information to them. To help newcomers, Motorsports Club of Ottawa produced two short videos about rally marshaling which can be viewed at these links:
http://vimeo.com/22478150
http://vimeo.com/22479119

There will be more information about this rally posted on the Black Bear website at https://www.mlrc.ca/blackbear.

For more information, questions or comments, please feel free to email anytime at blackbear.volunteers@mlrc.ca

If you have not already done so, could you please fill out the following form

Please mark the following:
______ Yes I can help on Sunday, August 7th at the rally.

______ Yes I can help on Saturday, August 6th with recce and final stage preparations

______ Please provide more info. re Worker Accommodations

______ HAM Radio call sign

______ I will be bringing friends/family with me to help

______ Yes I will be attending the banquet dinner on the 6th

Emergency contact information: Name ________________ Number ______________

______ Sorry I will not be able to attend this year

Hope to see you there!

Tyler Letofsky
2016 Black Bear Chief Control Marshal

IP Logged
GuyLePop

Re: Black Bear Needs More Volunteers
Reply #1 - 08/11/16 at 09:25:50

Thanks to everyone who volunteered!  Most of you were very helpful even when we were in trouble and acting away from the norm! You helped us keep our car moving down the stages even with no Clutch pedal since stage B1.  Much appreciated for all of your efforts!

VA3GUB
Rally Co-Driver
RallyCross
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print