Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Polar Bear this weekend. We need entries (Read 4132 times)
Bruce L

Polar Bear this weekend. We need entries
02/15/16 at 15:32:18

Yeah, it's that time of year again. Polar Bear Rally is this weekend, Feb 20/21. The only overnight rally in Ontario. Great roads, simple instructions. The route and instructions are ready, the volunteers have been lined up, the hall and breakfast are booked. But we are sorely lacking in entries, such that we may have to cancel. It's a long way to go and a long cold night for volunteers, and we need to give them something to do. Register by Wednesday at http://www.mlrc.ca/MLWR/index.html

The Car Zero Report
An irregular newsletter about Rally in Ontario
http://eepurl.com/LK6AD
  IP Logged
KDeV

Trenton,ON
Re: Polar Bear this weekend. We need entries
Reply #1 - 02/15/16 at 19:11:05

My car isn't quite up to the task, but would like to give navigating another kick at the can. If someone wants to enter but has a vacant right seat & doesn't mind a rookie/novice navigator let me know.

KDeV KDeV   IP Logged
GuyLePop

Reply #2 - 02/17/16 at 10:46:46

I am entered, (right?)   Its hard to tell without an entry list to see online.

VA3GUB
Rally Co-Driver
RallyCross
  IP Logged
Bodie J
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 02/18/16 at 20:20:58

New rally enthusiast here.  Really like the sounds of this rally, unfortunately my car is not ready yet.  I am going to be pressed to have it ready for the next rallycross event.  I will have to look forward to doing this event next year.  I hope to enter some of the later navigation rally events but may be in need of a navigator as well.

IP Logged
GuyLePop

Reply #4 - 02/19/16 at 15:51:50

GuyLePop wrote on 02/17/16 at 10:46:46:
I am entered, (right?)   Its hard to tell without an entry list to see online.

FYI, The rally is happening and there is about 20 cars entered!

You can do the rally in any type of car!  There have been and will be a BMW, which some might say would be the most fun way to do it.  There's also a boring Ford Escape SUV.  Darin said that the Forester is probably a better choice for this rally than the STI we had last year.   Just bring any car you can get and have some fun driving with nothing but you, the starts, the snow dust, the deer... OK hopefully none of those make an appearance.

VA3GUB
Rally Co-Driver
RallyCross
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print