Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CANCELLED -- Lanark Winter Rally Sprint (Read 4524 times)
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
CANCELLED -- Lanark Winter Rally Sprint
02/01/16 at 11:54:12

On behalf of organizer Darryl Malone and the rally sprint team, I regret to let everyone know that we've had to cancel the event on March 5.

We would've needed a frozen road and that we're not going to get. It's been melting here for days.

All of us are sorry that we can't offer this to competitors. We were really looking forward to particularly seeing some novice drivers out for the first time, and know they were too.

We're very sorry, rallyists.

Jeannie

IP Logged
GuyLePop

Re: CANCELLED -- Lanark Winter Rally Sprint
Reply #1 - 03/02/16 at 10:41:28

Of course, I think there is a lot more snow now.  The organizing team had to decide based upon what they saw at the time, so that is OK!

And then warm again next week.  The weather is being quite inconsistent this year.

VA3GUB
Rally Co-Driver
RallyCross
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Re: CANCELLED -- Lanark Winter Rally Sprint
Reply #2 - 03/02/16 at 11:23:15

GuyLePop wrote on 03/02/16 at 10:41:28:
Of course, I think there is a lot more snow now.  The organizing team had to decide based upon what they saw at the time, so that is OK!

And then warm again next week.  The weather is being quite inconsistent this year.

The weather is *horrible* this year! For those of us who want to play in the snow and ice, that is.

It's not just about getting a good snowy covering, it's how frozen the roadbed is. Big trucks and residents use the road, and they do not want it damaged. I'll be watching the weather with interest this Saturday, and thinking of what might have been.  Cry

Jeannie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print