Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Service area questions (Read 6077 times)
Dave Burden
YaBB Newbies

Unity, NH
Service area questions
11/02/15 at 11:54:41

I'm wondering what the accommodations are like at the service area.  I see that trailers will be parked nearby which is fine.  Will there be power available?  What about water spigots for filling up containers?  Will we be assigned a spot or is it first come, first served for picking a spot?

How safe will it be leaving the service vehicle there Friday night, assuming that is allowed?

Thanks,
Dave

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: Service area questions
Reply #1 - 11/02/15 at 15:25:56

Hey Dave, take my answer with a grain of salt as I'm not an organizer, but I'll be there servicing too.

There's no power available in service beyond what you bring with you (you get used to the hum of generators running all day).

I'm sure you could get water in HQ but there's nothing in the service area (it's a soccer field the other 363 days a year).

Spots are assigned, and there's a contact in the supps if you need any special accommodations for large enclosed trailers and whatnot. The spots are generally pretty big.  

As for leaving rigs there, lots of people do, though I don't think there's a security guard on duty over night (though I'm not certain on that one). There is a secure indoor parking facility for rallycars over night but no room there for rigs.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Dave Burden
YaBB Newbies

Unity, NH
Reply #2 - 11/02/15 at 16:24:01

Ryan, thanks for the info.  Guess our generator will just add to the hum of all the others.  We won't need any more than the normal space (ext body full size Ford van with 10x15 and 10x10 popups), so we should be good.  If we need a welder we'll just have to find a neighbor with a bigger generator since our 1800w doesn't cut it for our MIG.  I'll also make sure our water jugs are filled before we get there.

Dave
(father and crew chief for the white '91 Jetta)

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #3 - 11/02/15 at 18:27:28

Dave, if you need I'll have my flux core and 3200W gen there and happy to help around. Look for this thing and say hi! Oh, and I'll have a space heater running inside if you want somewhere warm during the day.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Dave Burden
YaBB Newbies

Unity, NH
Reply #4 - 11/02/15 at 19:44:43

Nice rig!  We have a torpedo heater so should be okay, but I'll stop by to say hi anyway.  We also have 100' 10ga extension cord if we need to 'borrow' some power.  We looked at old ambulances, but our van works pretty well.  The V10 has plenty of power and there's a good amount of room inside.

Dave

IP Logged
Dave Burden
YaBB Newbies

Unity, NH
Reply #5 - 11/02/15 at 19:45:04

IP Logged
Dave Burden
YaBB Newbies

Unity, NH
Reply #6 - 11/12/15 at 17:51:58

>Spots are assigned, and there's a contact in the supps if you need any special accommodations for large enclosed trailers and whatnot. The spots are generally pretty big.  

When I first read the supps I thought we only had to send in our requests if we had an oversized rig.  Guess everyone needs to check in ahead of time, so I did that today.  Looks like the entries are coming in quickly too.

We also put the Canadian instrument cluster (KPH vs MPH) back in the Jetta for this event so Anthony will be able to do the transits a little easier.

Dave

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print