Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1993 golf mk3 prepped for RallyX (Read 4690 times)
Stickyken
YaBB Newbies

1993 golf mk3 prepped for RallyX
06/24/15 at 07:04:13

Me and two buds bought this a little over a year ago, and prepped it to race in Bancroft.  The attempts to get to the track have failed.  It's up forsale now.

Bought the car for its clean shel.  Strut towers are solid and is the floor/rockers.  Bottom of front fenders is only area of slight rust.  Easy to trim off and put flaps on.  

It's got the N/A 1.8 L motor and a 5 speed trans.  Car has been half gutted.  Left the front door panels, dash, sun visors, kick panels, and both front seats.  Optima yellow AGM battery relocated to central area in trunk.  We put a Key-style kill switch in-line for the main power located under the radio area.   Push button start.   3/16" steel front skid plate over oil pan area.  Rear strut bar welded in.  We have 5x yoko gravel tires for it, but never sourced the 15" rims needed.  There is useable 14" winter tires on the car with stock alloys.  There is also a full 1998 cabriolet golf with a 2.0 manual 5 speed for parts.  It runs and drives.  We have ownerships a for both cars.  

Edit: I forgot to mention that we also ran new brake hardlines front to back, on the interior of the car.  We did a clean job of it.  We also rigged a lock out for the hand brake ratchet mechanism so it doesn't lock on when you want to use it in the corners. It's just a pin that can be removed for locking again.  Thanks for the interest so far.

800 obo.  

If there is any interest on this car I can go take some pictures.  Contact me at.  Crawlfestken at gee mail ( make that into a real address).  Located in Hampton ontario.

« Last Edit: 06/29/15 at 21:31:15 by Stickyken »  
  IP Logged
Stickyken
YaBB Newbies

Re: 1993 golf mk3 prepped for RallyX
Reply #1 - 07/06/15 at 21:45:48

I have pictures of the car now, but my post count is to low to post them.  If someone would like to post them for me that would be great.  Thanks.

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #2 - 07/06/15 at 22:50:46

Send them to me. I will post them for you.

va3 cot at gmaildotcom

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #3 - 07/07/15 at 18:24:37

That is one darn clean looking A3 Golf!!!

« Last Edit: 07/07/15 at 23:18:53 by Dave Cotie »  

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Stickyken
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 07/08/15 at 11:27:55

TThankyou for posting the pictures Dave!   It is very clean/rust free for the year.   The worst spot that I repaired was the front rad cradle.  I just removed it(made it lighter) and welded two tabs off the main crossmember to hold it up.  

We took over 150 lbs out of the car for weight savings.  It made a good difference.  Along with moving the battery I was very surprised how much the wieght loss changed the car.  There is more that could be removed like the stereo system we left in for fun factor, and the stuff like hatch struts, and door stuff could be further removed.  

This car is turn-key, go Rally X .   And, it comes with a running parts car!

Also, the cat is still on the exhaust, and all emission equipment intact.  For the right person this could be put back on the road pretty easy, but the interior has been tossed.  

« Last Edit: 07/08/15 at 12:08:31 by Stickyken »  
  IP Logged
Stickyken
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 10/05/15 at 06:20:18

Car has been sold via. Kijiji.  Seems to have gone to someone wanting to participate in MLRC events, so I'm happy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print