Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CNY RallyCross anyone? (Read 6158 times)
Alex Rec
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
CNY RallyCross anyone?
02/12/15 at 16:34:30

Not to steal the spotlight off the awesome MLRC events we all love, but there’s a rallycross happening in upstate New York (town of Weedsport), organized by the Central New York SCCA region on Saturday Feb 28. Yes, that is the same weekend of the MLRC rallycross happening on Sunday March 1. But my co-driver and I figured we’d try to attend both! Smiley

Anyone crazy enough to join us? Would be awesome to have a couple cars representing Canada there, and would definitely make the trip more fun!

I’ve personally attended a rallycross with the CNY SCCA club last year, and it’s a very fun event. Venue is a bit smaller than MLRC, and you do have to marshal (autocross style) but the attendance is generally smaller which means plenty of seat time.

Anyways, just thought I’d throw it out there. If you’re interested feel free to PM me or reply to this thread.

Cheers. Hope to see everyone on the 1st!

WWW   IP Logged
polski
YaBB Newbies

Streetsville On.
Re: CNY RallyCross anyone?
Reply #1 - 02/13/15 at 12:29:47

Hmmmmm interesting, its my wives birth day on Sunday (March 1st.) So im already in the dog house for going to MLRC-X might as well do this too... How far is it? or how long in the drive from Toronto? and whats the cost to enter?

PG

IP Logged
Alex Rec
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
Reply #2 - 02/14/15 at 10:19:37

The drive from Toronto is about 3 and a half hours + border crossing time. To get from CNY to MLRC it's faster to take the Kingston border crossing, so it will be about a 5 hour drive. Cost to enter is $40 if you're an SCCA member, $50 if you're not.

Sorry, can't help you with the wife credits. Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
madspeed er
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 02/16/15 at 20:39:58

I've always wanted to go for the weedsport event. its a bit of a trek, but should do a couple of events this year.

IP Logged
polski
YaBB Newbies

Streetsville On.
Reply #4 - 02/21/15 at 22:37:03

not looking like it will happen for me  Cry

IP Logged
Alex Rec
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
Reply #5 - 02/22/15 at 21:43:20

polski wrote on 02/21/15 at 22:37:03:
not looking like it will happen for me  Cry

That's unfortunate, Paul. Sad

Meanwhile for us there's a slight change of plan. Turns out the CNY event on Saturday finishes a bit later than we expected (midnight) and even we're not crazy enough to make a 5 hour drive up to Bancroft after that...

Luckily, there's an MCO snowcross happening on the 28th as well, so we're planning to attend that instead. That way we'll finish around 5pm and only have about 2.5 hours to drive to Bancroft for the Sunday rallyx. Again, anyone up for a weekend of racing is more than welcome to join! Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Alex Rec
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
Reply #6 - 02/25/15 at 09:12:20

So, the MCO event was cancelled due to track conditions, so we're back to our original plan of attending the CNY rallyx on Saturday. Who needs sleep anyways!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print