Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Possible Sale - 2004 WRX (Read 3578 times)
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Possible Sale - 2004 WRX
10/21/14 at 21:01:08

Pondering selling my 2004 Subaru WRX, in Java Black Pearl.
205,000km

I have STI, WRX, and KYB Excel-G suspension for it. STi needs rebuild, WRX has ~80k on it, KYB is currently on the car, brand new.

I have two sets of OEM 16" wheels, one with Fusion summer performance tires and one empty.
One set of 15" steelies with winter tires, LM-22s Blizzaks.
One set of 15" alloys with rallycross gravels.
All wheels and tires are "serviceable" rather than "beautiful" Smiley

It has Cobb Stage 2 Turboback Exhaust with AccessPort ECU programmer.  System rated at ~270HP if you trust their dyno Smiley. It also makes the most beautiful sound in the universe... Wink

Custom/home-made aluminum skidplate.

Factory seatbelts and optional 3-point Sebelt harness.

Auxiliary Hella lights.

Starter motor randomly gave out recently and has just been replaced. Drivetrain and all mechanical parts seem solid to me otherwise - no noises, clunks, or any performance or comfort issues. Note, as many of you will know;), I'm not a mechanic.

Good cosmetic shape other than front bumper, which keeps getting filled with white pockmarks from regular driving. I occasionally use touch up paint or touch up spray, but again i would call the front bumper functional rather than beautiful - it doesn't rust so I have never been too worried about it otherwise.
Generally [and regularly] taken to Marino's Subaru dealership for service, other than occasional work with Mr. Henshall. No missed maintenance work, synthetic oil always.

The car has been taken to many navigational rallies in the mid to late 2000's, as well as 3-4 rallycrosses [two summer and one winter that I remember]; and probably 3 lapping days in the 2010's since. Fun daily driver otherwise.

I haven't a clue what the value may be these days, so I'm inviting both offers and advice from fellow enthusiasts.

Some sort of exchange/trade for a more modern AWD hatchback, naturally aspirated or turbo, may also be considered.

Thanks!

Nikola

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Re: Possible Sale - 2004 WRX
Reply #1 - 10/27/14 at 08:04:29

What brakes do you have on it to let the 15" wheels clear?

Stephen

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #2 - 10/27/14 at 09:54:38

Stephen I think the brakes from an 02-03 TS will allow 15's.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Gordon S.
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 10/28/14 at 09:50:48

They will. I run OEM Subaru 15"s on my 02TS RallyCross car.

IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Reply #4 - 10/29/14 at 13:22:02

They are stock 2004 WRX calipers. The 15" alloy wheels with Gravels, as I said, are supposed to be "special, rare, awesome and cool" wheels from some version of some STi from UK, but honestly I did not care about their pedigree when I bought them, just that they fit and worked:). They are not pretty, but they work. Hope that helps.

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print