Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rally sprint series (Read 4964 times)
rally_master

eat, sleep, rally

Rally sprint series
10/02/14 at 14:54:52

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the previous MLRC Rallycross, however it was brought to my attention that there have been talks with CARS/MLRC etc. to introduce a new rally sprint series to Ontario. I am aware that this is still in the works, however I am wondering whether anyone could enlighten me on some further information. I have taken a look over the CARS rule book in regards to the definition of "rally sprint" and it appears that it almost a further introduction to performance rallying, however at a lower cost (limited roll cages, no hans device required etc) however my question is whether there are plans to make this more leaning to rally cross format or more so to actual performance rallying (use of co driver, time cards etc.) I think that this is a fantastic idea and I personally believe this is the missing link in the growth of popularity of our beloved sport not only in Ontario, but in north america.

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Rally sprint series
Reply #1 - 10/03/14 at 09:11:27

Indeed it is the plan to bring rallysprint back to a more intermediate step between rallycross and full performance rally. We are just developing a proposal and will be sure to post widely once it is complete. Meanwhile any input is welcome. Send your thoughts to  ross at tallpinesrally dot com

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #2 - 10/03/14 at 20:02:18

Very cool - looking forward to that for sure!

WWW   IP Logged
rally_master

eat, sleep, rally

Reply #3 - 10/13/14 at 19:20:35

email sent

IP Logged
saabstory
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 10/14/14 at 11:52:02

As someone who was attempting to get into stage rallying and has realized I don't have the budget for it, I would be EXTREMELY interested in this.  I think this is a great idea and it would help get some great, deserving drivers further into the sport.  Needless to say you have my full support, and I would be more than willing to volunteer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print