Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tall Pines Worker Notice Nov 17 13 (Read 1828 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Tall Pines Worker Notice Nov 17 13
11/17/13 at 13:49:39

We are less than two weeks away from the 2013 Rally of the Tall Pines. The roads are in great shape, the Routebook and Notes have been finalized and printed and the Start Order has been set. Check it out on the Pines website at www.tallpinesrally.com in the Competitor Section.

All the top CRC (Canadian Rally Championship) teams have entered, including Antoine L’Estage/, Marshall Clarke, Pat Richard/Nathalie Richard (yes you read that right)  and Leo Urlichich with co-driver TBA. All the top 2WD teams are entered as well, including Paul Hartl/Chuck Storry, Martin Walter/Ferdinand Trauttsmandorff & Jeffrey Dowell/ Emily Dowell. It should be really exciting.

At this point about 185 workers have signed up. We are fine for Thursday & Friday now, but we could still use quite a few more helpers on rally day – Saturday, November 30th, including HAM Radio Operators, Traffic Control blockers, mid-stage Media Marshals and Spectator Area marshals.If you are available but have not registered, please go to the Pines website at www.tallpinesrally.com then to Worker Registration and complete your profile. Note, if you have changed your email address since last year, enter as a New Registrant and mention it also under Suggestions for me to update it on my group email list. If you have any difficulty doing that, contact me directly at ross@tallpinesrally.com. We rely heavily on the database for making our worker assignments, so please complete the registration. If something has changed in your plans, remember to update your profile and send me an email. We can accommodate requests for late arrivals and early departures. Do not hesitate to contact me to discuss your requests.

I have been exchanging e-mails with many of you already about specific assignments or to follow up on information that you posted in your Worker Profile. For those of you who have not heard anything yet, our committee meeting to finalize assignments is Wednesday the 20th. We will be posting a full list of assignments within a day or two after that. I can assure you that we read your comments carefully and that we will be trying to match your requests if possible. If you are not certain whether you signed up or not, just email and I will check.

Trish Groom has been very busy helping workers arrange accommodations, but a few of you have not signed up yet. Elmer’s and Limerick are almost full, but we have some few spaces available and reserved for workers at very reasonable rates at the other subsidized facilities also. So sign up ASAP. For assistance contact Trish at accommodations@tallpinesrally.com

HAM operators will want to get your radios set up in advance. Repeater frequencies will be 147.285 with a tone of 118.8, 146.610 with a tone of 100.0 and 147.180 (no tone). In addition we will be using several simplex frequencies – 146.520, 146.550 and 146.580. These are all the same as last year.

We are becoming more and more active on social media. If you haven’t done so already, why not join the Facebook page (Rally of the Tall Pines)? You can also follow the rally on Twitter @TallPines Rally.  In addition we will have an app again for Android phones that will help keep you up to speed at   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=barnes.matt.tallpinesrally

Remember – the Worker Meeting is on Friday the 29th at 9 PM at Rally HQ.
More news to follow soon.

Ross Wood, Clerk of the Course
ross@tallpinesrally.com

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print