Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Potential Ovenright Rallies in 2013 (Read 2067 times)
uglydogrally

Ugly Dog Rallysport

Ottawa
Potential Ovenright Rallies in 2013
10/05/12 at 16:14:17

Hey all,

I'm starting to look into reviving one, maybe even two overnight rallies in 2013.

One very likely to be in early November, and another potentially in mid-late January. There was also discussion of April, but the roads may be too muddy and not in good shape.

What kind of interest is there to see a comeback of these overnight rallies? Instructions will reasonably simple, and CAS will be 15-20% below the posted speed limit. Expert instruction will be more challenging than just distance-to-turn.

I am considering a Winter one out of Smiths Falls/Perth area and Fall is looking like Renfrew/Arnprior/Pembroke.

Let’s hear what you think!
http://www.mco.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14635

« Last Edit: 10/05/12 at 22:13:06 by uglydogrally »  

Matt W. - MCO
mattw482   IP Logged
SuzukiSwiftGT
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Potential Ovenright Rallies in 2013
Reply #1 - 10/06/12 at 14:02:44

I would be interested for sure. Virtually the only Nav rally my friend and I make time for these days is the MLWR.

Mainly because the roads and organization are amazing, but also because we like the feel and challenge of the whole event.

It feels kind of like the roots of rally to me. Not that I know what thats like because I'm just a young fellow, but it seems to fit with the rallys of old that you read about.

IP Logged
Bandi53
YaBB Newbies

Mr. VW

Belleville, Ontario
Re: Potential Ovenright Rallies in 2013
Reply #2 - 11/21/12 at 20:43:23

I'd be very interested... for the past few years, MLWR has been the only rally I've participated in.

Hey, what about a multi-day rally, like what some vintage car clubs in BC do? Pick some fun roads en-route to some interesting destinations, even remote ones at that?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print