Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TALL PINES WORKER NOTICE Nov 13 10 (Read 2463 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

TALL PINES WORKER NOTICE Nov 13 10
11/13/10 at 23:48:20

One week from today the 2010 Rally of the Tall Pines will be completed.  At this point we have over about 220 volunteers on our list. If everyone shows up, we will have enough to get by, but we could use about another 5 radio operators for mid-stage Traffic Control positions and about 6 more people to assist at the Spectator Areas. We are fine for Thursday and Friday. If you have been holding off for whatever reason or know of someone who would be willing to assist, have them contact me at ross@tallpinesrally.com  

If you have already volunteered but have recently changed something on your Worker Profile, it would be wise to send me an e mail, as I am not notified directly of every change and it is difficult to keep track.

We have just posted your Worker Assignments on the Tall Pines website, but in the interest of protecting your privacy, we have created a hidden link at

xxxxxxxxxxx

Please do NOT pass this link on to others. If you find any problems with your assignments, get back to me ASAP. Note – preparing the assignments is a very complex task. A change for one volunteer almost always has a domino effect, so unless there is a real problem with your assignments, we would appreciate if you would accept them as they are. We really did try to accommodate all your requests.

Things are shaping up really well for next weekend. We have 48 teams entered and rumours of a few more  - check it out in the Competitor section of the Pines website and a really hot competition is shaping up.  The roads are in great shape and we just may run another dry Pines.

Remember that the Worker Meeting will be held at 9 PM on Friday at Rally HQ in the Dungannon Rec Centre.   For those of you coming for the first time, Rally HQ is located on the E side of Hwy 62 S about 7 km S of Bancroft (street address is 26596 Hwy 62 S, L’Amable, ON).  There will be lots of giveaways at the Worker Meeting, plus of course some lucky Worker will go away with a Kayak courtesy of Clear Water Design. And for those of you coming to help on Thursday and Friday, I will be sending out separate instructions.

At the moment it is warm in Bancroft and there is no snow and the forecast is calling for  fairly warm weather, but with The Pines you never know until you get up on Saturday morning. We highly recommend that you have your winter tires on your vehicle.

For the HAM operators, the main frequency for the weekend will be 147.285+ with a tone of 118.8. The two other repeater frequencies are 146.610- with a tone of 100.0 and  the solar repeater on 147.180 + (no tone). Simplex frequencies are 146.520 and 146.580. Be sure to have them all programmed in your radio.

As for Worker Accommodations , there are only a few subsidized spots left. Sign up in the Worker Section of the website. If you have problems, contact Trish at accommodations@tallpinesrally.com

There will likely be one final Worker Notice on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ross Wood, Clerk of the Course

705-887-1130 Home     647-224-1492 Cell     ross@tallpinesrally.com

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print