HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Accommodation (Read 8380 times)
SST
YaBB Newbies

Accommodation
08/19/10 at 22:25:56

Hey, I v'e never been to a rally before.  Just hoping to get some advice form you experienced folk.  Just trying to keep my costs on the low, is camping at Tall Pines an option and/or even possible.  If not what are some other options?
Thanks.

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: Accommodation
Reply #1 - 08/19/10 at 22:58:28

Are you coming as a spectator? Competitor? Worker? Camping would be pretty brutal unless you have experience/like winter camping. It's true winter up there usually by then, at least as far as temperature goes. Especially at night!

The rally has very good arrangements for volunteer accommodations for very reasonable rates, subsidized by the rally. Otherwise, things tend to book up really early (last I heard the hotels in town were already booked solid). One option is to get in touch with the chamber of commerce, and try to find one of the many local B&Bs that are quite good.

Cheers

Ryan

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
SST
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 08/19/10 at 23:19:15

Thanks for the advice.

IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #3 - 08/20/10 at 07:52:49

About 20 minutes north of Bancroft is the Arlington Hotel & Backpackers Hostel.

http://www.algonquinbackpacker.com/

I stayed there last year, a room for two for two nights was under $100.

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 08/22/10 at 20:36:46

There is a section on the Tall Pines website that offers a quite complete list of accommodations available in the area. You can find it at   http://www.tallpinesrally.com/compete/accommodations

As Ryan said, if you volunteer as a worker, we not only help you find accommodations, but also subsidize the cost

For further info about that contact  ross@tallpinesrally.com

IP Logged
Alexei S

I hate trees

Reply #5 - 08/24/10 at 09:01:46

Just checking, is there anyone who is booking a cottage in the area and would like to split with another team? I have a call into the Chamber of Commerce as well, but I'm just curious. I think I'd prefer splitting a cottage if it's cheaper.

IP Logged
Donnie

Reply #6 - 08/24/10 at 13:04:00

Hi Alexei Tracy and myself may be interested, our daughter will be with us too she's 16, she is no trouble and actually quite helpful, she proved that at Cavendish. Pm me and we'll talk about details

1989 Isuzu I-Mark
1993 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo/AWD
  IP Logged
mackinnon
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - 09/10/10 at 15:25:12

Anyone looking to share a cottage, volunteer or drive team, see my ad posted today.

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 09/11/10 at 06:36:32

If you are looking for a cottage to rent, I highly recommend Cottage Rentals 247 Check them out at www.cottagerentals247.com  or call 613-332-3340 Ask for Cathy or Joanna and say that Ross from the Tall Pines Rally sent you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print