Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for co-driver, tow for Galway (Read 2977 times)
Alexei S

I hate trees

Looking for co-driver, tow for Galway
06/22/10 at 11:12:26

Hey everyone,

I've been talking to a few people but nothing concrete has come up. I need a co-driver for Galway, with a potential drive for Tall Pines as well. The car is a Group 2 1984 VW Scirocco that's been well built by the previous owners, and it should be a good, safe drive for Galway.

This will be my first rally as a driver, but I've done plenty of rallycrosses and I've co-driven for 9 rallies now, so I'm not new to rallying. I'd like to find a co-driver with some experience so I can have some confidence, but I'm willing to look at a new co-driver as well if the conditions are right.

The car is in Toronto, so if you're in the area and interested send me an e-mail at astapins AT rogers DOT com.

Also, I may need a tow to Galway. I have a dolly already, and I'm working on getting a tow vehicle, but I may need a tow for this first rally. If you can help with a tow, please let me know as well.

Thanks!
Alexei Stapinski

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Re: Looking for co-driver, tow for Galway
Reply #1 - 06/23/10 at 09:53:04

Welcome to the interesting world of Sciroccos...  Fun cars.  We'll have to chat.  Too bad I won't be able to make Galway.

WWW   IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #2 - 06/23/10 at 11:09:02

Alexei, do you have CAA plus? Just drive it there! That's my plan. Though I need a codriver too!

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Alexei S

I hate trees

Reply #3 - 06/25/10 at 08:22:37

Co-driver has been found!

CAA Plus is a good idea, I'll look into that one. Thanks Ryan. I'll send you a PM on the co-driver thing.

IP Logged
davidforsberg
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 06/29/10 at 07:31:53

Ryan,

I used to do race circuit racing, and have raced rallies and have also co-driven, built pace notes back home. Let me know if you're interested. Send me an email at david forsberg at g mail.

Cheers,

David

IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #5 - 06/29/10 at 08:15:44

davidforsberg wrote on 06/29/10 at 07:31:53:
Ryan,

I used to do race circuit racing, and have raced rallies and have also co-driven, built pace notes back home. Let me know if you're interested. Send me an email at david forsberg at g mail.

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

You'll probably need to get a license from CARS to get yourself into the freelance co-driver game.

Forms are here: http://carsrally.ca/CARSRally/Default.aspx?tabid=94

In short, you will need

a) CARS Medical
b) Membership in an RSO/CARS club
c) Valid First-Aid certification
d) Copies of other documents
e) Payment ~ 170 for regional, ~250 for national

As well, SFI/FIA Suits (And Underwear, depending on rating of suit), HANS Device and SNELL/BSA/FIA Approved motor racing helmets (No M-rated non /AFR BSI helmets are allowed) for rallying in Canada.

There are always people looking for co-drivers - always a seat running spare  Grin

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print