Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quick Ontario Regulation Questions (Read 3197 times)
PAddy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Quick Ontario Regulation Questions
03/18/3 at 22:33:26

Hey Guys, quick Highway Traffic Act Questions:

Is the rear license plate required to be illuminated?  

Secondly, are hydraulic handbrakes, that is handbrakes which are not a seperate system from the main lines legal?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

IP Logged
Daman
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Quick Ontario Regulation Questions
Reply #1 - 03/21/3 at 07:33:40

i dont know about the brakes....

but for your licence...i can tell you that rally car need to be driving on open road during transit....and if the car is not "legal" we can get pull over by the cops...

so i would have my plate eluminated...you never know what can happen in a rally.... Wink

IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Re: Quick Ontario Regulation Questions
Reply #2 - 03/21/3 at 18:00:46

It's amazing what you can find online - All the Statutes & Regulations of the Province of Ontario are on this web site: http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/home_E.asp?lang=en

The site has full search capabilities - check the Act out for yourself, but I think these two sections may be relevant:

From the Highway Traffic Act, section 62, subsection (19):

Rear lamps to illuminate number plate

(19) The lamp on the rear of a motor vehicle or trailer shall be of at least three candela and shall be so placed that it will, at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, illuminate the numbers on the number plate, or, if provision is made on the number plate or on any attachment furnished or required by the Ministry for affixing the lamp, it shall be affixed in the position or space provided, and the lamp shall face to the rear and reflect on the number plate a white light only.

From the Highway Traffic Act, section 64, subsection (1):

Brakes, two systems required

64.  (1) Every motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle, when driven on a highway shall be equipped with at least two braking systems, each with a separate means of application and effective on at least two wheels, one of which shall be adequate to stop the vehicle as required by regulations made by the Ministry and the other of which shall be adequate to hold the vehicle stationary.

Not a lawyer,

Jeff

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print