Send Topic Print
Just a reminder (Read 3026 times)
PAddy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Just a reminder
12/15/2 at 18:57:51

As Ross pointed out in the email, it would probably go a long way if we all let TSN know just how much we enjoyed the Tall Pines coverage, and all the other CARS events.  Compared to the SCCA stuff, TV2Go is really fantastic.   Smiley

IP Logged
RallyJake
YaBB Newbies

Always taking the
unbeaten path

Re: Just a reminder
Reply #1 - 12/17/2 at 10:18:38

I wouldn't mind thanking TSN for that great coverage.  I just wish I knew exactly who to thank.  After all it has been a great coverage.  Kind of look as good as WRC coverage and definetly better then SCCA.
Now I hate myself for not going to the actuall event.  darn priorities.
Cheers
Jake

IP Logged
C. Hamm

Will rally for free.

Re: Just a reminder
Reply #2 - 12/27/2 at 10:10:32

The Cdn coverage is great, though the SCCA coverage has improved a lot since two years ago.  I wouldn't slam the SCCA coverage that hard.  Hey, I saw Peter Watt's team on the SCCA coverage, but never on our own rally broadcasts.  THey do make an effort to show more of the 'cheaper' classes.  

I missed a lot of the TSN coverage this year, but I haven't seen any of the "foot-box cam" (to show the LFB technique in relation to the lay of the road) or "split screen racing" (two bits of footage synchronised so you can compare two teams on the same stage, they did that last year with McGeer/Sprongl, I think, at Pines on Iron Bridge).  I thought those features at the time put it way ahead of the SCCA coverage, and in some ways up there with some of the features of the WRC coverage (who have a MUCH larger budget).  

I still find the commentary on the Cdn rallies a bit dry, and it would be great if TV2GO could sell an hour long program to the broadcasters.  That might enable more footage of the top teams in lower seeds, and/or at least more coverage of the stages.

Of course, I am thankful we have any coverage at all! I'll go write that TSN thank-you note now.

Cheers,
Craig

VA3KRT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print