Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Calculating my perfect minute? (Read 4216 times)
Tim_Clemens
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Calculating my perfect minute?
12/03/2 at 15:21:03

In review of the "time penalties" for Tall Pine.....I'm thePenalty KING.

I need help! Undecided

I think I got it figured out near the end of the race but I would like to get this under control for the start of the new season!

What I think is right (perfect minute)
I take my stage start time ie. 10:01 + the stage slow time [ie. 12 minutes] + the transit stage time [ie. 20 minutes] = my perfect minute (10:33) and I am aloud to enter MTC between 10:33:00 and 10:33:59
HELP!

Also do I need to enter Service on my perfect minute?

Are there any other time calculations I need to know.

If there is a navigators class or course out there.....please let me know.

IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Re: Calculating my perfect minute?
Reply #1 - 12/03/2 at 16:47:05

Quote:
What I think is right (perfect minute)
I take my stage start time ie. 10:01 + the stage slow time [ie. 12 minutes] + the transit stage time [ie. 20 minutes] = my perfect minute (10:33) and I am aloud to enter MTC between 10:33:00 and 10:33:59
HELP!

This is correct.  Technically, I think you are allowed to drive into the control one minute early and request the next minute, but this does not occur very often.  A good rule of thumb is if you always check in on your exact minute, you will always be on time.

One other exception to this rule, though: if your stage time is slower than the bogey time, then you round your stage time down to the minute and use that instead of the bogey time to calculate your time in to the next control.

For example:
Start time: 10:01
Bogey time: 14 minutes
Actual time: 16:35
Transit: 20 minutes
Time in at next control: 10:37 (16+20 = 36 minutes for stage and transit, not 34)

The purpose of this is to ensure that you always have the full amount of time to complete the transit, so that speeding won't be necessary.

Quote:
Also do I need to enter Service on my perfect minute?

It depends.  If it's a Main Time Control (MTC), which are usually only at the end of a leg, you can check in anytime before your correct minute and request a later time.  Normally, though, you must check in on the exact minute.

The route book will tell you if the service is using a normal control or an MTC.  If you're not sure, play it safe - assume that it's NOT a main time control.

Quote:
Are there any other time calculations I need to know.

This doesn't have to do with timing calculations, but keep in mind that if there is a delay or an obstruction that will prevent you from driving into the control on your correct minute, it is your responsibility to get out of the car, walk into the control, and request your minute from the marshal.

Quote:
If there is a navigators class or course out there.....please let me know.

I don't know if there will be a stage rally co-driver's course anytime soon, but it might be worthwhile taking the RSO navigational rally school in March/April.  A lot of the info should be useful and applicable to performance rallying, and you'll learn how to become a top-notch navigational rallyist too!

« Last Edit: 12/03/2 at 17:18:31 by AlanO »  
WWW   IP Logged
Tim_Clemens
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 12/03/2 at 17:03:48

Thanks Alan

That helps a lot!

Just wanted to make sure on the first time calculation...
16+20=26?....do you mean 36 or do I drop 10 off the total?

Tim

IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 12/03/2 at 17:17:41

Oops!  My mistake Tim, it should be 36 minutes.  I've corrected my original post.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print