Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to rally (Read 9141 times)
Mike Cove

New to rally
11/28/2 at 21:21:01

I have been to the Tall Pines for the last 2 years,and this is my only exposure to live rally.I have raced off and on for the last 20yrs and want to try rallying.I have tried to find rules,classes,etc.but have had no luck.Since this will have to be a low buck affair,I'll need to use the rules to my advantage(I hope).Can someone point me in the right direction?

IP Logged
John Vanos

Re: New to rally
Reply #1 - 11/28/2 at 22:19:16

Hey Mike, Welcome!   Smiley
Check out www.carsrally.ca and check under 'other' and then 'documents'  they have some stuff there, not sure if it's the whole book or what.  You can also order a rulebook from CARS as well.  One more thing, might I suggest that you join a rally club such as this one?

Hope this helps!
John Vanos

IP Logged
Mike Cove

Reply #2 - 12/03/2 at 14:54:47

Thanks,John.I had a look at the rules but I'm a little confused.Under production it shows P1,P2,etc.listing "adjusted displacements"but no explanation of the factors affecting these adjustments.Unless it is the same as group 2,but that seems to put cars that I know are running P1 into P2.I would like to use one of my Suzuki turbos(3cyl)and was hoping I would fit into P1.Can someone straighten me out?

IP Logged
PAddy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 12/03/2 at 17:45:06

I do believe they use the same multipliers.  Which cars do you think should be in P2?

IP Logged
mike cove

Reply #4 - 12/03/2 at 19:01:45

Suzuki Swift GTi.1299cc w/4valve per cyl would be1493 corrected cc,which would be P2,or did I miss something?The same rules would put my 1.0l turbo into P3 at 1700 cc.

IP Logged
PAddy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 12/03/2 at 19:36:40

My Bad.  Seems they are only subject to the general multipliers, which would still make your 1.0 a 1.7.

IP Logged
mike cove

Reply #6 - 12/03/2 at 21:18:30

What do you mean by general ?

IP Logged
PAddy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 12/03/2 at 22:15:48

D - General Regulations - 10. Adjusted Displacement and displacement limits

It still applies the 1.7 multiplier to petro turbos, 1.5 to diesels/rotaries to all cars.

IP Logged
mike cove

Reply #8 - 12/04/2 at 12:17:35

Ya,I went back to have a look and now understand.I didn't think I'd get bumped up to P3,but I think I could be competitive with other P3 cars since boost is free.Maybe the rallysprint is the first thing I should try because the whole thing seems a little intimidating for a first timer.

IP Logged
PAddy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 12/04/2 at 17:14:39

A fine idea.  The whole "low buck affair" is also very tough to pull off.

IP Logged
mike cove

Reply #10 - 12/04/2 at 20:40:51

Low buck isn't the problem,the car is pretty much ready,I have a suit and helmet,truck and trailer,and used tires appear reasonable.I probably need to spend some time and get to know the sport and its ins and outs so I don't embarass myself (I hate when I do that)I tried contacting the Kitchener club,but no response yet.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print