Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tall Pines 2014 Broadcast (Read 6176 times)
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Tall Pines 2014 Broadcast
12/29/14 at 20:14:25

Dec. 30 (tomorrow) - 1:30 pm on TSN 4.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Bruce VA3BRS
YaBB Moderator

Scarborough
Re: Tall Pines 2014 Broadcast
Reply #1 - 12/31/14 at 19:34:03

I always enjoy watching these video's but ever since I have started to become more involved I have only one issue with them, it's when the announcer say's car such and such is on this stage and the video clip is from another stage altogether.

IP Logged
GuyLePop

Reply #2 - 01/01/15 at 11:46:54

Yeah, its pretty obvious for those of us who participated in the event, but not so much for the regular public.   You just have to wonder why they have to say something that's incorrect.

I mean, most of the tv viewers will be people that are already seriously involved in Rally.

(ps, havn't seen it yet, waiting for the youtube release)

VA3GUB
Rally Co-Driver
RallyCross
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 01/02/15 at 20:41:48

It is very difficult for the film crews at Tall Pines, as half of the stages are in the dark. Also sometimes they only get a good shot of a particular car on one pass of a stage for a variety of reasons - most often because the film crew usually only stays at any one stage for one pass and moves somewhere else to get more shots from different locations to make it more interesting.

So they often use shots that are not really from the stage they are talking about, but you have to remember that the television show is not for the small number of people who know the stages that well; it is for a much larger audience, who do not notice those incongruities.

IP Logged
Bruce VA3BRS
YaBB Moderator

Scarborough
Reply #4 - 01/05/15 at 22:07:06

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the video's that are done but its just a thing for me when they do things like that on shows along with squealing tires on dirt, no drive train in cars that roll over Etc.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print