Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pat Richard - Retirement (Read 2212 times)
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Pat Richard - Retirement
08/27/14 at 11:33:02

This is up on Pat's Facebook Page:

Retired !

Yes, I have to retire from competitive driving.

I have a serious neurological illness believed to have been caused by a series of head injuries. Although I am now out of the hospital after a two-month stay, I am mostly confined to my home. I'm hopeful I'll recover fully but it's really unlikley I'll be driving competitively again.

This has been a very difficult decision to make but it's for the best. Huge thanks to Subaru Canada for an entire career's worth of support, to the well-respected and hard-working posse at Rocket Rally, and to everyone involved in the sport -- you guys have all made it a great ride !

Subaru Rally Team Canada and the Rocket Rally crew will most definitely be at Rallye Defi; though I won't be driving I'm still involved with the team and I'll be supporting them from a distance.

I hope to get to a rally soon to start my new career as most annoying know-it-all service crew guy ever.  

(And in case you're trying to get a hold of me, a warning/reminder: sorry but it's really difficult for me to get on Facebook.)

Well that sucks!

Best wishes to Pat on his recovery.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
GuyLePop

Re: Pat Richard - Retirement
Reply #1 - 08/27/14 at 23:28:14

So, Is Crazy Leo back next year to take his place at Team Subaru?  I think its a good question.

But, in the meantime good luck to Martin Rowe and Nat Richard on getting to race at Rally Defi in the new 2015 STI.

VA3GUB
Rally Co-Driver
RallyCross
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print