Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For Sale - 2000 2.5RS project- Donated! :) (Read 6733 times)
Tyler_Letofsky_
YaBB Newbies

For Sale - 2000 2.5RS project- Donated! :)
07/22/14 at 09:35:20

I hate to do this, but due to some things coming up in my personal life I no longer have the time to finish fixing and running my 2.5RS in rallycross and would like to pass it along to someone that can get some use out of it.

The good is the engine and transaxle seem to be in great shape, new timing belt not too long ago, I bought it in Quebec (half hour outside Montreal) and drove it back to Toronto without any mechanical issues. It has a short shifter, ram air intake, sounds and looks like good headers/high flow exhaust and front strut brace.

The bad is that it's a bit more rusty than what I would expect out of the average RS, it appears the previous owner never used floor mats so the passenger and driver floor pans are rusted right through, I was going to grind out the rust and weld in some sheet metal but I no longer have the time to do any work on the car. I have gutted most of the interior already (I still have everything in storage) and have new seat belts for it since the drivers belt is a bit frayed, a skid plate and front springs/struts (it doesn't need the struts or springs but I guess it's good to have on hand).

I spent $1500 for the car alone, I believe the engine and trans are worth something as it sits and the car overall would be great for rally-x once you weld in a few pieces of sheet metal.

I know since it's gutted and not ready to go for anything I won't get near what I paid, I hope to get something since it's not far from being rally-x ready. I'm happy to take a loss knowing it's going to another enthusiast. I would like to get around $500 for it but I'll take whatever so I can free up some space and make this process quick.

I can email photos if anyone is interested.

« Last Edit: 03/22/16 at 10:43:03 by Tyler_Letofsky_ »  
  IP Logged
Brocku
YaBB Newbies

Re: For Sale - 2000 2.5RS rallycross project car.
Reply #1 - 07/24/14 at 14:42:31

Hey,
Could you send some pics to:
ubrock@hotmail.com
Thanks

IP Logged
FlatOut
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 10/07/14 at 11:53:19

Interested If its still up for sale. Long shot seeing as the ads a couple months old. Contact me at jbarrett153@gmail.com

IP Logged
TechJunk1e
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 12/30/14 at 18:03:02

just wondering if the car was still available?

IP Logged
joshtaylorrally
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 03/02/15 at 18:59:07

I would like to ask some questions and see some pictures to joshtaylor01@outlook.com or 9052517391 interested a zap if still available

Tyler_Letofsky_ wrote on 07/22/14 at 09:35:20:
I hate to do this, but due to some things coming up in my personal life I no longer have the time to finish fixing and running my 2.5RS in rallycross and would like to pass it along to someone that can get some use out of it.

The good is the engine and transaxle seem to be in great shape, new timing belt not too long ago, I bought it in Quebec (half hour outside Montreal) and drove it back to Toronto without any mechanical issues. It has a short shifter, ram air intake, sounds and looks like good headers/high flow exhaust and front strut brace.

The bad is that it's a bit more rusty than what I would expect out of the average RS, it appears the previous owner never used floor mats so the passenger and driver floor pans are rusted right through, I was going to grind out the rust and weld in some sheet metal but I no longer have the time to do any work on the car. I have gutted most of the interior already (I still have everything in storage) and have new seat belts for it since the drivers belt is a bit frayed, a skid plate and front springs/struts (it doesn't need the struts or springs but I guess it's good to have on hand).

I spent $1500 for the car alone, I believe the engine and trans are worth something as it sits and the car overall would be great for rally-x once you weld in a few pieces of sheet metal.

I know since it's gutted and not ready to go for anything I won't get near what I paid, I hope to get something since it's not far from being rally-x ready. I'm happy to take a loss knowing it's going to another enthusiast. I would like to get around $500 for it but I'll take whatever so I can free up some space and make this process quick.

I can email photos if anyone is interested.

IP Logged
Tyler_Letofsky_
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 08/05/15 at 17:14:37

Sorry for the really delayed reply.

I ended up donating the car to Johnathan Schwemler Racecars to build up for the Canadian forces program Soldier On.

They intend on building it for a wounded veteran to drive and race after they finish building a Acura for a veteran that is paralyzed from the waist down.

Look up Lamorea Productions on youtube to see the first video the team has released about the car if interested.

IP Logged
Tyler_Letofsky_
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 03/22/16 at 10:42:12

Sorry for the very late reply, I have been trying to log in to my account but nothing was working until now.

I have donated the car to Solder On, they help Ill and Injured CF Personnel. Sorry to those that were interested in buying it.

Hopefully they can have the car running in some capacity for veterans to drive and compete with in some sort of motorsport, I am trying to convince them to run it in rallycross/sprint. The goal is to have it driven and maintained by veterans that are physically or otherwise disabled from combat and give them a positive new outlook on life and something productive to do with their spare time.

Here is a short video:  Youtube/     watch?v=mFFfrS57avw  (I can't yet post links, but the video is available on Lamorea Productions youtube page called "The Subaru".)

The Acura in the background is another donated car being built for a veteran that requires hand controls and should be running in the chump car series.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print